The Ultimate Survival Meal recipe was developed for you! For busy days when you have no idea what to cook. Grate, chop, or spiralize your base ingredients, lightly cook to soften, plate, add your toppings and a small portion of fruits as a sweet side. In less than 25 minutes you will create yourself a beautiful appetizing meal!
Grab some chopsticks (to help you eat more slowly) and enjoy your meal. Chew every bite, taste the ingredients, and appreciate your food! Oh and, don’t forget to add some Ulitmate Sauce!
Eat great—feel amazing!
It’s time to stop, take a moment, and go back to preparing meals that feed our engines, our souls, our minds in all the right ways. If you put junk in your body, you will feel like garbage.
Eating super healthy is hard work! It takes time and some preparation work. Once you practice and find recipes that work for you—and your family—it will provide you all the necessary vitamins and minerals like nothing else will.
If you were stuck on an island and had to forage for your food, you would be thrilled to find seeds, plants, vegetables and fruits to eat. The Ultimate Survival Meal was created to help us eat nutritious foods as we should be.
Digestion can affect so much
We weren’t designed to eat junk food like donuts, ice cream, chocolate bars, and pizza. Even though it might taste good, our bodies don’t know how to digest things like refined sugar, processed oils, and overly pasteurized dairy. Which is why some of us end up with bad skin, IBS, unfocused brains, mood swings, headaches, migraines, and so much more.
A meal that fits most
This week my goal was to help you prepare a plant-based meal that would offer you everything from nutrition, a variety of textures and flavours while being completely free of all top allergens.
This power meal is free of dairy, gluten, grains, legumes, added sugar, eggs, soy, nuts, and peanuts. It does not contain fish, shellfish, or any animal protein. If you enjoy organic eggs or chicken, or if you can tolerate soy products like tofu, add a portion as a side.
Keep you going
If you found this post because you are experiencing digestive issues, allergies, or food sensitivities, my wish is that this post helps you. Or, perhaps like me, you’re also on a low FODMAP and SIBO journey.
A meal like this one looks pretty darn appetizing when there’s not much else you can consume to keep you going. Hence the name: The Ultimate Survival Meal. It’s exactly that. A beautiful, colourful, nutrient-packed recipe that will help you feel great!
Simple and Quick
Additionally, if you’re all about simple and quick recipes and meal ideas you should try my Raw Pumpkin Macaroons. They’re a very nice healthy treat to make and enjoy. The best part is that you don’t need fancy equipment for this one. Just one bowl, mix and roll.
Share your creations
Finally, if you tried The Ultimate Survival Meal, please leave a comment below, tell me which base vegetables you used, what your favourite toppings are, and how you made it your own.
- Base options: rutabaga, zucchini, carrots, radish, bok choy, cabbage, spinach, kale, chard, squash, eggplant, beets, fennel, peppers, ginger, turmeric
- Cooking oils: ghee*, olive oil, coconut oil
- Mix-ins: coconut milk, ghee*, olive oil, coconut oil, hemp oil, seed butter (sunflower, pumpkin)
- Toppings: fresh herbs (cilantro, chives, parsley, mint), cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, fresh lemon or lime juice, seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, hemp), nutritional yeast, grey sea salt, ground pepper, Ultimate Sauce**
- Sweet sides: blueberries, kiwi, strawberries, grapes, raspberries, banana
- Grate, finely chop or spiralize about 2-3 cups*** of vegetables per person for the base.
- In a large pan over medium heat, melt some cooking oil (olive, coconut, or ghee*) and gently stir-fry your vegetables, about 5-8 minutes until softened.
- Mix in extra oil, coconut milk, or seed butter if desired.
- Transfer the cooked veggies to a plate or bowl, top with your favourite toppings.
- Add a sweet side to complete your meal. Enjoy!
**Ultimate Sauce recipe freshisreal.com.
***Store extra prepared vegetables for your next meal. Prepare more for additional people.