Having simple, nutritious, quick to make recipes is essential when prepping food for special occasions. This soup is lovely on its own but is also great as a side to larger holiday meals.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated (optional)
1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme
2 cups cauliflower florets
1 sweet potato (white flesh/purple skin), cut up into smaller pieces
4 cups vegetable broth (or chicken)
1/2 – 1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Chopped chives or cilantro for serving (optional)
- To a large soup pot, on medium heat, add olive oil, chopped onions, ginger, thyme and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower florets, cut up sweet potatoes, broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Transfer the veggies and broth to a high-speed blender and purée until smooth.
- Return soup to pot, season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Serve right away or keep warm until ready to enjoy.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to a week.