This golden turmeric flavoured dish is an all-time family favourite. My kids request this dish weekly. If you can’t eat tofu, mushrooms or your favourite white beans are equally delicious.
2 cups diced organic firm tofu*
2 tablespoons olive oil or ghee**
1 tablespoon green onions, finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon fresh turmeric, finely grated
1/2 – 1 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon Tamari*** or Coconut Aminos
Fine sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stainless steel frying pan, add oil, cubed tofu (mushrooms or beans), green onions, ginger, turmeric, sesame oil and garlic powder.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until the tofu is nice and golden on the first side.
- Stir everything over with a spatula and continue cooking until all sides get golden (about 10 minutes).
- Add Tamari or Coconut Aminos once almost ready.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with more fresh chopped green onions or cilantro, and serve.
*As a substitute, you can use approx. 2 cups white beans or 3 cups chopped mushrooms.
** Ghee is not vegan but can be tolerated by most with dairy sensitivity.
*** Tamari is gluten-free but not soy-free. Use Coconut Aminos if you avoid both gluten and soy.