A simple of way of roasting vegetables for a more extensive family meal while other things are cooking.
6 small organic potatoes, roughly peeled and quartered
8-12 small thin carrots, peeled
2-3 cups fresh broccoli florets
2 tablespoons olive oil
1-2 fresh thyme and rosemary sprigs
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add the potatoes and carrots to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with some olive oil and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add a few sprigs of thyme and rosemary to the vegetables.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then add the broccoli florets to the pan, drizzle a little oil, season and return all vegetables to the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from oven and transfer carrots and broccoli to a serving bowl and cover to keep warm.
- For crispier potatoes, return the baking sheet to the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- Once ready, take the potatoes out of the oven and add them to the serving bowl.
Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for a couple of days.