Summertime and picnic season are here, well at least at our house they are!
This Vegan Avocado Artichoke Spinach Salad would make a tasty side, the perfect light lunch, or an energy fueling snack in between your favourite sports.
If you are anything like me, this is the time of year where you might enjoy experimenting with food and fresh ingredients. This Vegan Avocado Artichoke Spinach Salad recipe is a great one to try for your next meal.
It’s very straightforward to prepare, and the dressing for this beautiful fresh green salad recipe is a simple squeeze of lime juice! Yep, that’s right, no egg-based mayonnaise here!
I created this recipe in memory of creamy smooshy egg salad. I used to eat eggs pretty regularly, and I did like them. Well, I thought my belly enjoyed them until I realized that I was extremely intolerant to both the egg white and yolk. So much so that I will probably never try to eat them again. Symptoms such as major commatosis (is that a word?) after consuming them disappeared once I eliminated them. I feel so much better now, and I don’t miss that feeling at all. I like feeling energized after I eat, not the other way around.
With allergies and food sensitivities, we get kind of sad at times with what we can’t eat. Thing is, we have to look at it differently and realize that we are so lucky to be able to enjoy so many other nutritious foods that can fuel a body with so much more.
Avocado, Artichoke, and Spinach have beneficial nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, and fibre. Who wouldn’t want to add more of these in their diet simply by eating a fresh light lunch?
Do you miss certain foods you used to enjoy? What are you eating instead? Let me know in comments below.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Until my next fresh creation – thanks for stopping by!
Summertime often means packing meals and eating them on the go. With young kids and a busy family, nutritious and quick recipes that all can enjoy are very important. This salad can be enjoyed on its own, as a sandwich, or even on your favourite gluten-free crackers.
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- 3–5 artichoke hearts*, roughly chopped
- 1 cup organic spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 small red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 mini cucumbers, finely chopped
- 3 small celery stems, finely chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 lime, cut in half and freshly squeezed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hemp hearts or coconut chips for top (optional)
- Fresh herbs or sprouts (optional)
- Wash and prepare all ingredients.
- Place all ingredients except lime juice, salt, and pepper, in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add lime juice and seasoning, taste.
- Add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Top with hemp hearts, or your favourite seeds and decorate with sprouts or fresh herbs such as cilantro.
*From a jar in salt water is perfect, and freshly steamed is great as well.
Best enjoyed right away!