A creamy plant-based soup recipe that is easy to make with only a short list of ingredients! The combination of cauliflower and mushrooms makes this gluten-free, vegan and allergen-friendly soup delicious and nutritious!
1 medium white onion, chopped (1-1/2 cup chopped)
8oz. (227g) mushrooms, white or brown, sliced (4 cups sliced)*
2 garlic cloves, minced
2-4 fresh thyme sprigs (remove hard stems)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cauliflower head, cut up in smaller pieces (4 cups florets)**
4 cups organic vegetable broth
1/2 cup coconut cream***
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
Optional serving garnishes:
- In a Dutch oven or large soup pot, combine the oil, onion, mushrooms, garlic, thyme and olive oil. Cook on medium heat for about 8-10 minutes. Stir around once in a while, so it doesn’t stick.
- Add the cauliflower, vegetable broth, coconut cream and bring to a gentle boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a high-speed blender and purée until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pot, season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes, stir and taste. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Keep warm on the lowest setting until ready to serve.
- Garnish and enjoy!
***Thicker creamier part of the coconut milk. You can sub the coconut cream for another plant-based milk. Please note that I haven’t tried it, but I’m sure it will be great! Just make sure that it’s a thicker creamier type of milk.
Keep any leftovers in glass jars or containers for up to 7 days in the refrigerator!
Ps. Have fun with this recipe! Use a different coloured type of cauliflower, or the Romanesco variety is also very pretty! That’s the one I used for this recipe.
Keywords: Soup, Vegan, Plant-Based, Easy Recipes, Gluten-Free Soups, Mushrooms, Cauliflower