Be prepared for an explosion of flavours with this naturally sweetened deliciousness! Try to use fresh organic cranberries and the best Medjool dates for this easy recipe! I really enjoy this compote with coconut yogurt and homemade seed granola. And make sure to save a scoop as an add-in for your next healthy muffin recipe!
- 2 packages (227 g each) fresh organic cranberries (about 4 cups)
- 6 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed organic orange juice (about 2 small oranges)
- 2 teaspoons organic orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or 1/8 teaspoon vanilla bean powder)
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed organic lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon organic lime zest
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Rinse fresh cranberries and remove bad ones.
- Transfer berries to a large sauce pot, add remaining ingredients.
- Bring the mixture to a soft boil over medium heat.
- Once bubbling, reduce heat to low and loosely cover as cranberries love to pop!
- Simmer for about 12-15 minutes.
- Let cool and transfer to a favourite jar(s).
Keeps in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.