This soup is hearty, comforting, quick, healthy, delicious, healing and veggie-packed.
Useful Tools: High-speed blender, large soup pot, large knife, paring knife, peeler.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 leeks, trimmed and chopped finely
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, crushed and minced
- 1 tbsp fresh turmeric, peeled and grated (or 1/4 tsp turmeric powder)
- 1 bunch asparagus, washed and cut into smaller pieces
- 2 small carrots, peeled and grated finely or chopped
- 1 small potato, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 3–4 cups organic vegetable*
- 1 cup baby spinach (or kale or chard), washed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, washed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, freshly ground
- Wash and prepare all vegetables.
- Heat a large soup pot on medium heat, add the olive oil and cook onions, garlic, turmeric and leeks until soft, about 5-8 minutes.
- Once soft, add the asparagus, carrots, potatoes, broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer, half covered, for at least 20 minutes.
- Spoon the cooked veggies into a blender, add fresh spinach and cilantro and purée until smooth.
- Return puréed soup to the pot, heat (if necessary) and season with salt and pepper.
- Enjoy right away or refrigerate for up to 5 days.
You might have to purée the vegetables in two batches if you have a smaller blender. You might also have to let your soup cool a bit before blending it if your blender can’t handle hot liquids.
* You can also use chicken broth for a non-vegan alternative.
Keywords: Soup, Vegan Soup, Gluten-Free Soup, Plant-Based Creamy Soup, Allergen-Friendly Soup, Dairy-Free Soup