This is one of my favourite go-to soup recipes. It’s easy to make, healthy, and everyone seems to love it! The best part is that you can easily swap out ingredients for some other fresh produce you have on hand, and your soup should still turn out and taste fabulous!
Make it on Sunday and enjoy it throughout the week. If you have homemade broth, go ahead and use it to make this recipe. It will make it even more nutrient-packed.
Try it and let me know what you think!
Creamy Asparagus Leek Soup
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: up to 6
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Plant-Based, Allergen-Friendly
- Diet: Vegan
This soup is hearty, comforting, quick, healthy, delicious, healing and veggie-packed.
Useful Tools: High-speed blender, large soup pot, large knife, paring knife, peeler.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 leeks, trimmed and chopped finely
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, crushed and minced
- 1 tbsp fresh turmeric, peeled and grated (or 1/4 tsp turmeric powder)
- 1 bunch asparagus, washed and cut into smaller pieces
- 2 small carrots, peeled and grated finely or chopped
- 1 small potato, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 3–4 cups organic vegetable*
- 1 cup baby spinach (or kale or chard), washed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, washed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, freshly ground
- Wash and prepare all vegetables.
- Heat a large soup pot on medium heat, add the olive oil and cook onions, garlic, turmeric and leeks until soft, about 5-8 minutes.
- Once soft, add the asparagus, carrots, potatoes, broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer, half covered, for at least 20 minutes.
- Spoon the cooked veggies into a blender, add fresh spinach and cilantro and purée until smooth.
- Return puréed soup to the pot, heat (if necessary) and season with salt and pepper.
- Enjoy right away or refrigerate for up to 5 days.
You might have to purée the vegetables in two batches if you have a smaller blender. You might also have to let your soup cool a bit before blending it if your blender can’t handle hot liquids.
* You can also use chicken broth for a non-vegan alternative.
Keywords: Soup, Vegan Soup, Gluten-Free Soup, Plant-Based Creamy Soup, Allergen-Friendly Soup, Dairy-Free Soup