Impress your guests with this crunchy, fresh and easy-to-prepare Jicama Chayote Mango Salad. Sometimes we just need a little something special to change things up. Plus these ingredients are available in many grocery stores throughout the year. This salad is nutritious, not expensive to prepare and makes a wonderful side!
- 1 sml/med Jicama, thinly sliced/matchsticks or grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 Chayote squash, thinly sliced/matchsticks or grated
- 1 Ataulfo mango, thinly sliced/matchsticks
- 1/4–1/2 cup red pearl or red onions, thinly sliced
- 2–4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lime, freshly squeezed (about 2 tablespoons of fresh juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grey sea salt or Himalayan salt (or more to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground (or more to taste)
- Sprinkle with roasted pepitas/pumpkin seeds (optional)
- To a serving bowl combine all prepped vegetables, cilantro and fruit as listed in ingredients.
- Gently toss with fresh lime juice, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with pepitas and enjoy!
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
If you don’t have pumpkin seeds, you can use other roasted seeds or nuts if you are not allergic.
Keywords: Jicama, Chayote, Mango, Salad, 8-Ingredient Salad, Slaw, Coleslaw, Vegan Salad, Top 8 Free, Allergen-Friendly, Vegan Salad, Plant-Based Salad