Check out this Jicama Chayote Mango Salad—it’s easy to prepare! The list of ingredients might be slightly unfamiliar to you if you live in Canada but should be readily available in local grocery stores.
The slaw-style salad is inexpensive, very nutritious and honestly a nice change from the standard go-to salads you might typically make.
If you’ve never seen a Jicama before it kind of looks like a huge potato and tastes a little like a raw potato or an Asian pear.
A Chayote squash has similar characteristics to an apple.
An Ataulfo mango, if purchased in season, is incredibly delicious and is the perfect touch of natural sweetness to go with this beautiful fresh salad.
This recipe was published a couple of years ago with the ingredients tossed with Avocado Coconut Dip/Mayo. It doesn’t even need that special dressing.
It’s incredible with freshly squeezed lime juice! The combination of fresh ingredients is what makes this salad so good—just as it is!
The last post on Fresh is Real was a Gluten-Free Sourdough Without Psyllium! It’s a great beginner sourdough bread recipe if you prefer a no-knead, no-fuss kind of bread recipe.
Check out Fresh is Real’s growing YouTube community! Join us by subscribing!
On the channel, you will find videos for most of the bread recipes. The videos are for beginners, intermediate to even the more advanced gluten-free, vegan bakers. Join us on a new baking adventure!
If you prefer more plant-based recipes, follow Fresh is Real on Instagram. It’s where I share shorter videos with the freshest creations. I also post a lot of fresh bread pictures on Instagram! I like giving my followers a heads up when a new and exciting recipe is coming.
And, occasionally you might even get to see a picture of me and what I’m up to. I love and read every message I receive, so don’t forget to comment on the posts or send me a quick note if you have a question.
All new Fresh is Real recipes are shared on Pinterest along with other food and misc blogger pins!
If you have an account, follow me to help you find must-try plant-based and allergen-friendly recipes.
Jicama Chayote Mango Salad
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Salads
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan, Plant-Based, Allergen-Friendly
- Diet: Vegan
Impress your guests with this crunchy, fresh and easy-to-prepare Jicama Chayote Mango Salad. Sometimes we just need a little something special to change things up. Plus these ingredients are available in many grocery stores throughout the year. This salad is nutritious, not expensive to prepare and makes a wonderful side!
- 1 sml/med Jicama, thinly sliced/matchsticks or grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 Chayote squash, thinly sliced/matchsticks or grated
- 1 Ataulfo mango, thinly sliced/matchsticks
- 1/4–1/2 cup red pearl or red onions, thinly sliced
- 2–4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lime, freshly squeezed (about 2 tablespoons of fresh juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grey sea salt or Himalayan salt (or more to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground (or more to taste)
- Sprinkle with roasted pepitas/pumpkin seeds (optional)
- To a serving bowl combine all prepped vegetables, cilantro and fruit as listed in ingredients.
- Gently toss with fresh lime juice, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with pepitas and enjoy!
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
If you don’t have pumpkin seeds, you can use other roasted seeds or nuts if you are not allergic.
Keywords: Jicama, Chayote, Mango, Salad, 8-Ingredient Salad, Slaw, Coleslaw, Vegan Salad, Top 8 Free, Allergen-Friendly, Vegan Salad, Plant-Based Salad