This week I’m sharing a pumpkin recipe with you! Let’s be honest here; it’s the one time of year where I feel you can get away with it.
Give pumpkin some credit
Pumpkin this… pumpkin flavoured that… you either love it—or, kind of hate it. I’m sort of in the middle, often searching for ways to prepare it because it is packed with vitamin A and other powerful nutrients.
Eating pumpkin can improve your vision and immune health with all of its plant-based benefits. So maybe trying a recipe that might convert you to sort of like pumpkin is worth it, right?
Raw Pumpkin Macaroons
This Quick 8-Ingredient Raw Pumpkin Macaroons recipe was developed to be easy, no fuss, no baking required. Simply mix the ingredients, roll into mini balls, and freeze.
A combination of shredded coconut, puréed pumpkin, organic hemp hearts, and pumpkin spice turns this recipe into the perfect healthy low-sugar snack or dessert.
Remove the macaroons from the freezer just before serving as they are best-enjoyed semi-frozen.
A pumpkin recipe for the holidays
With Thanksgiving and even the winter holidays approaching, it’s always great to add easy pumpkin recipes to our repertoire.
Impress your family with these healthy Raw Pumpkin Macaroons.
Share your creations
Finally, if you tried this Raw Pumpkin Macaroons recipe, please leave a comment below, tell me about your experience, and rate the recipe.
Have fun making these little treats!
Let your kids help you!
If you love coconut and enjoy treats spiced up with pumpkin flavour, this quick Raw Pumpkin Macaroons recipe is perfect for you! No baking involved.
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut + more to decorate
- 1/3 cup organic canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup organic hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt or Himalayan salt
- In a medium bowl, add and mix all ingredients until well incorporated.
- Spoon out a small amount of mixture, and roll with your hands.
- Sprinkle or roll more coconut on each mini ball to decorate.
- Place each macaroon in a freezer safe container, dividing layers with parchment paper if necessary.
- Remove from the freezer right before serving. Best enjoyed partially frozen.
Will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months, if they last that long.